Thanks to the wonder that is Yahoo7, an alarming issue was once again brought to my attention today. That being the serious and ongoing matter of Katy Perry and her consistent disregard for acceptable hair.
![]() |
| Don't look shocked Ms.Perry, have you heard of a mirror |
Now firstly, you should all know that I am all for crazy hair. Pink, blue, green, spotted, striped, take your pick, I’m not fussed! But I am fussed about and actually partially offended by, is having these colours/looks executed poorly, case in point: K Perry.
![]() |
| Katy Perry. The alleged. |
Ms. Perry, Under no circumstances is it ok for you to have Blue hair with blonde/black regrowth which fades into blue via a small stint in yellow town.
It is not ‘on trend’ and it is not socially acceptable, in my opinion (and need I remind you all, that along with Zoe Foster, I was voted best overall opinion on everything for 3 consecutive years from 2006-09) Ms. Perry, you are a role model to young girls all over the world and I fear you are failing to set a good hair example. The roll on effect of this could be disastrous...
Ok, maybe slightly dramatic, but you get my point.
Anyway, there are very few people who can actually ‘work’ regrowth, and dont panic, I don’t mean balayage, I mean genuine regrowth (see picture below) If I may call up to the podium, Heather Locklear (during the Melrose years, not the mug shot years) Rihanna (at the 2012 Grammys) and SJP (short hair years)
Now you lovely ladies are the exception to the rule, so give us a spin, take a bow and then you may return to your seats, wonderful regrowth hair in tact. Very nice, Well done, well done.
![]() |
| Heather Locklear.. or Amanda |
![]() |
| Riri rocking the roots. If only this wasn't a one off... |
![]() |
| SJP. This is how it's done. |
Now look I am not one to throw stones in glass houses, however, I believe if you have more than 10 million twitter followers, then you can probably afford a decent colourist. How twitter followers and personal wealth relate, Im not totally clear on, but I’m sure they do somehow.
Anyhoo, I dont want Kats to feel too bad, we all make mistakes and we all have bad hair days we look back on and cringe over.
![]() |
| You can't write a blog about bad hair days without sharing one of your own, to be fair |
And besides, Kats is most certainly not the only celeb to have been drunk when choosing her hair stylist. Lets have a look at some other bad hair bonanza’s:
![]() |
| You really can't go past Brittas when you think of a celeb bad hair day |
![]() |
| Looking good Fergie, nice and subtle |
![]() |
| Jenny took inspiration from a lego man with a curling iron |
![]() |
| There are no words for this Xtina |
![]() |
| I think Mena Suvari used Helena Bonham Carter's stylist here |
![]() |
| Enough said |
Now while you may not think that these styles are that bad, bear in mind 2 things:
1. These people pay to have their hair look the way it does
and
2. Their hair (in these pics) actually is that bad
So todays lesson is quite simple, use a good colourist, and if you don’ have one, ask one of your friend's who have great hair (even in only under some lights and when styled a particular way)
Riri, seriously give Kats your colourist's number.
Until next time kids, happy hairstyling,
xxx















No comments:
Post a Comment