Well as predicted, like a moth to flame, I am drawn back
here to share with you my thoughts on the Vanity Fair post Oscars Party looks.
I really can’t seem to be able to go past a good old fashioned opportunity to
judge dressed up celebrities, so once again, here we go peeps!
Firstly I’d like to point out how much I thoroughly enjoy a ‘costume
change’ between the Oscars ceremony and the Vanity Fair after party, so 10
points go straight to C Diaz in incredible orange Victoria Beckham. The colour is perfect on her skin and the cut/fit says 'How do you like your eggs' 8.5/10.
JLo in
a deep red Zuhair Murad (which was basically her Oscar dress: updated with a can
of maroon spray paint) Economical and time efficient, well done Jenny, 6/10. And
lastly the lovely fiery redhead, Emma Stone. I’m so very glad someone obviously
pointed out the similarities between her dress and Nic’s 2007 number and
then quickly came through with a Chanel replacement for her, 6/10, but honestly not her best moment. So once again, well done
lassies!
Now as I peruse the pics from the Vanity fair party, I
notice a distinct trend in the form of the colour red… 'Now is it awkward that
half the guests at the party were all in the same colour' I hear you ask? Well Of course it
was! What fun! This awkward Hollywood family moment however does give me the
chance to decide who I think wore red the best…
So drum roll please as I announce that
in my eyes, Rosie Huntington-Whitely is the clear winner. Her look is solid
perfection in Antonio Berardi, 9/10. The cap sleeve, neckline and hair up all work perfectly together. Coming in closely behind was Diane Kruger
in her peepshow-esk Calvin Klein number, 8/10. The woman is actually that
flawless that only she could pull off an exposed bra without giving it the
Pamela Anderson vibe. But overall, a very encouraging well done to all red dress competitors.
Now I move on to the OFI’s* of the evening and the more
interesting choices in costume. So Serena Williams, please stand up. Now your
choice of colour (canary yellow) is heaven and very on trend, so kudos to you, however I just
wonder whether a quick peek in a mirror before you left the house wouldn’t have
gone astray. Don’t get me wrong, I love your bootylicious look, but I feel this
is a touch more bon bon than it is tres bon. Minus the fish tail and you would have had another grand slam. Oh gosh did I just say that, What a poor opportunity for a pun... Sorry guys
Moving on. As some of you may know, my fav colour is green, so you can
imagine my delight when I saw Elizabeth Banks going for green. But while I feel
the intentions here were good, I am concerned about the moss that appears to
be growing up her dress from her train. A quick shave/pesto-kill of the moss
and I feel she'd have been on her way, but that’s ok, there’s always next year
and again, not entirely awful. Just partially.
So as I wrap-up, I feel it necessary to mention the
Beckham couple because honestly, who wouldn’t trade places with Posh on any
given day. After all, she has her own wildly successful label, a bevy of Spice
Girls hits under her belt, excessive amounts of Birkin's, lifetime financial security and the cherry on her
cake, Mr Beckham. And oh how edible he looks in Dior… Mmmmm.
Well peeps, that's my Oscars and Vanity Fair party done for the year, I'd like to thank all those who participated, it has been fun...
So now onto something else... and for that, I'm taking suggestions!! Until later in the week, adieu
xxx
*Opportunity for improvement
*Opportunity for improvement














No comments:
Post a Comment