Over the last few weeks/months I have noticed an increasing
trend in the celeb/fashion world. That being, the more prominent presence of
beautiful redheaded women. From what I can tell, if you are a redhead, you
currently have a much higher chance of becoming a world renowned It girl. For
now anyway.
Now I have always wanted red hair myself, and when I was in
year 7, thanks to a Natio permanent home colour (in colour: Warm Mahogany) I
managed to live this dream. The unfortunate part however was that before I put
the colour in, my hair was actually near platinum. So you can imagine my joy
when I saw my hair had actually become brighter than a fire engine. Oh well, I
remember thinking at the time, ‘this look actually works back quite well with
my cut cords, vans and rip curl t shirt, even more of a reason to spend more
time at the skate park’ Choice! I'm punk!
(Note: there is no photographic evidence provided for my red hair, due to the Tornado that swept through East Keilor in 1997, which unfortunately destroyed all photos of this time in my life... Luckily all other eras have remained in tact)
Anyway, as I was saying, it appears that the fash pack are
currently yours for the taking, if you sport fiery luscious locks. King Karl
showed is adoration for Florence Welch by inviting her to perform at the Chanel
S12RTW show and she is also supposedly his current muse. Check out her performance below.
Gucci creative
director, Frida Giannini has also cited good old Flo as key inspiration for
Gucci’s Autumn/Winter 11 collection. Frida even agreed to be the costume
designer for Flo’s US tour last year. Score.
![]() |
| Flo photographed by Kar Lagerfeld for Chanel |
![]() |
| Flo & Karl |
Another celeb who has
made her way into the fash circles is Lana Del Rey. This singing trolley dolly
has even had the honor of having a Mulberry designed bag named after her! At such
a young age, with only 2 record releases under her belt…Cray! What an
achievement, well done Lans. But her success doesn’t end there. Lana has also
become the latest pin up girl for one of my favorite stylist’s, Anna Dello
Russo, who actually selected 10 looks (from the recent fashion weeks) that
would best suit Lana and then displayed them (with Lana’s head superimposed
over the models head, in not at all a weird or disturbing way) for her millions
of followers to see, on her blog. Again, cray!
Have a peek here:
![]() |
| Lans at Mulberry after party |
![]() |
| Mulberry's Del Rey bag |
As any of you who spend any time on the blogosphere would
know, Taylor Tomasi Hill is another superhot redhead. Her quirky style has
allowed her to rise to fame as a favorite amongst street style photographers who
flock to her as soon as she sets foot outside her home. As a result, her
picture tends to be plastered everywhere from blogs to Wikipedia to Vogue. And
even though her look isn't my personal cup of tea, she most certainly has that
intriguing, interesting, I'd like to be your friend thing going on. Oh and
she's pretty too, did I mention that.
![]() |
| Just hanging with a drink in NY. Not posing. Not aware of any photographers. |
![]() |
| TTH works cat eyes with a red lip. Love. |
Now someone else, who has brought the ‘redhead force’ to my attention, is someone a lot closer to home. I could spend all day talking about random redhead celebs, but I would like to mention a friend/colleague (you know who you are) who is also the owner of some very enviable red locks. To sum her look up for you, she is Olivia Palermo meets Emily blunt in devil wears Prada. I know, amazing. This friend, actually goes by the nickname Ginge. Yep. Ginge. She is real life living proof of the current greatness that is the redheaded woman.
![]() |
| Olivia P |
![]() |
| Emily B |
So what is the point of all this factual information on the
current status of redheads in society, you might ask? Well, there is no point,
actually. This is just an observation I have had of late and one that I thought
should be shared. So in summary, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that
2012 is going to be the year of the Ginge. Until magazines tells me otherwise.
xxx










No comments:
Post a Comment